Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Allergic or NOT

I thought that I would share a conversation I had with my boys the other day as we were driving down the street.
I have been telling them for a very long time that they are allergic to every animal there is so that we don't have to have a pet. I did tell them that they weren't allergic to turtles and that if they caught one that they could keep it, but that is another story for another day!
Anyway as of late I think Braydin if figuring things out. We were driving down the street the other day and they were both asking about being allergic to animals and Braydin said that the other day at school one of the kids brought a dog and that all the kids were around playing with it. They asked Braydin why he was touching it when he is allergic to them. As a good boy as he is - he told him that he is only allergic to the ones at our house. Then they went on in there day.
Well Braydin decides to flat out ask if he really is allergic, so the good mother I am I turned up the radio and drowned him out.
I know I will not be able to push it that much further, and I did tell them that if we had an animal that we wouldn't be able to go on trips anymore. But they tell me that Buffie is there to babysit for us.
So all I can say is YES as for now they still are allergic to everything!

11 comments:

Katie said...

That's hilarious! I think I'm going to try that with my kids...but, they probably will be allergic b/c I am. I can only hope!

Carol said...

You mean mean mommy!!!! I really think that they deserve a pet since they have been so abused. It will definately make things all better. :)

Our Happy Family said...

Girl......if you don't get them one then I guess I will have to. :)
I will babysit their dog whenever you go out of town, lol. That's what friends are for isn't it????

Donan said...

I happen to know where some really cute Great Dane puppies are...I could get you one when I pick mine up...no need to thank me...what are friends for???

Anonymous said...

Lindsee when is enogh, enough!!! you know i love you but no more being mean to the kids!!!
love ya

lindsee said...

People people what can I say. Animals and me it ain't happening! Your all sad because you didn't think of it first and now you all are taking care of children and animals!!!

Our Happy Family said...

Lindsee- your taking care of an animal too.....Kevin, lol!!! A dog can't be any worse than him. :)

Veda said...

When all else fails. Say children it's a new animal or a new WII game. I bet the game will win out and it will be much cheaper!

C and T Orvin said...

Oh my...these poor poor children...tell them if they want to move to Arizona they have a home waiting....hahahaha

C and T Orvin said...

Oh my...these poor poor children...tell them if they want to move to Arizona they have a home waiting....hahahaha

Anonymous said...

So funny! Thanks for the laugh!