Monday, March 16, 2009

Our weekend in Dallas

We had one of the funnest weekends ever Kevin and I went to Dallas for a wedding and we left the kids home with a great couple.
Friday night we went to a dinner and a movie. We went to the movie theater that was also a restaurant, when you go in you sit at a table and order your food and eat while you watch your movie. They had salads, hamburgers, pizza, sandwiches and desserts of all kinds. It was so neat. The prices where about the same that you would pay at a normal restaurant so its like a one stop shopping!
Saturday morning we went to one of my favorite places, IKEA! We love that store they have a little of everything for your house for half the price of anywhere else. So after spending the morning there we went to the hotel to get ready for the wedding.
The wedding was so much fun, it was for my cousin Kelly, and she is my age so every time we would get together we would have so much fun. She married a great guy, and they really seem so happy. After the wedding we went to the mall for a couple of hours before the dinner reception. I have decided that Arkansas has no clue what a mall really is. We went to the American Girl store, man oh man I pray that I never get an idea to take Paige there. They have dolls of every kind, she would go nuts there, and I don't think I have that kind of money for that type of hobby!!
Well after the mall it was back to be with family a little more at the reception. My aunt and uncle where there from Utah and then all of Kelly's family, that I haven't seen in years. So it was a great night just visiting.
Sunday we started the drive home. Its not that long of a drive only 5 hours, and it was just Kevin and I. WOW was it ever silent, it was so nice. No fighting, no "are we there yet" no "I want out of the car" it was just peaceful. So as you can see my weekend was wonderful, and before you ask yes I missed the kids and was so glad to see them. But yes anytime anyone wants them for a weekend so we can get away please call, really please, please, please call!!!


Mark, Luke, aunt Lynn, Kelly, Tom, uncle Van, Matt




This is my aunt Arlene and uncle Brent. We had such a good time visiting and learning about everyone there at the reception. (both my aunt Arlene and I love to people watch and talk!!)

2 comments:

Carol said...

sounds like a fun get away. it was good to see pictures of your aunts and uncles. its been years since i've seen them. glad that you got to go.

Our Happy Family said...

I'm glad you and Kevin were able to get away and have fun!!! Even though I am still very upset that you had to call and rub it in to me that you were at Fuddruckers. That was just plain mean!!!!