Thursday, December 18, 2008

Radio City Christmas Spectacular

For Christmas this year my mom and dad called and asked if we would like tickets to the Rockettes Christmas Special. With out really knowing much about it we said yes and went along our merry little way. Well last night we had the chance to go to the show and all I can say was it was AMAZING. We all loved it, Paige didn't blink an eye they entire time that we were there. It was great...


It was just our little family, we went to the Olive Garden before hand and had a wonderful dinner then off to the show we went..




This was the stage that they preformed on, they had an ice rink on it with trap doors, everything that you would think that they would have in the real Radio City Hall..


The Rocketts were GREAT they changed outfits 8 times, they had their legs kicking all night long with high heels on. I couldn't believe it. I told Kevin maybe one day I could be a Rockett..(Maybe in my next life!)





This was there big bus that you can take tours on when you are in New York. They drove that thing all over the stage.




This was the little ice rink that they had on the stage, they had a bench that would pop up and down as needed.


This had to have been one of the Rocketts best dances, the pictures didn't turn out as well as I had hoped but it was so fun to see it. In the end they all fall down in a row without one person out of sink.


This act was the first that we saw..... the Rocketts were dressed as reindeer and came out kicking and dancing. They pulled Santa's sleigh everywhere on the stage.


Santa was awesome. They had him flying all around, and over the audience. They brought out tons of Santa's to do a number for us. The kids thought it was the neatest thing that they had ever seen.



This was the last call, what an amazing night it was.


I did save the best for last, they had a live nativity, and they have real animals come around. It was the neatest nativity that I have ever see. It leaves you wanting more!
This was the best way to end the night and my blog, this here is the reason for the season. If I wasn't in the Christmas spirit before I am more then there now. All I can say is thank you mom and dad for making this a Christmas never to be forgotten.

4 comments:

Carol said...

Sounds like you had a great time. Good pictures! I love the live nativity at the end, that must've been really cool

Veda said...

This looks like so much fun!! I am glad the weather did not keep you from going!

Anonymous said...

Looks so fun! The nativity looks awesome.

C and T Orvin said...

Awesome pics!!! Reminds me when I saw them with my mom in Mertle Beach SC. Good times!
By the way I didn't publish that last comment... surely you aren't serious! I guess you haven't gotten our Christmas gift yet...