Friday, June 13, 2008

A day with Paige

Ok... for you that don't believe me about my dear little Paige being into everything let me tell you about my day...
I had a million things to do today, so I gave Paige some marshmallows while I finished getting dressed. So I came into the kitchen when I was done and I saw the chair next to the counter and marshmallows everywhere. When I got closer I thought I was going to die. My kitchen counter where my heart medication is - was full of the marshmallows, including inside my pill box. So I started the search for the 4 pills that were in there.... I was only able to find 2 of them, I had no idea what had happened to the others. So I called the pharmacy and they told me that I would need to call poison control. They told me because of her size I needed to take her to the ER or the Dr office, but that she would need to drink charcoal to get the pills out of her system. They said it was better to be safe than sorry. So I called the Dr's office and they don't have the charcoal there. So off I went to the ER. I called Kevin at work and he met me there. They told us that they wanted to give her the charcoal and start an IV just in case. At that point her blood pressure and heart beat were borderline low. They told us at that point if it went up she was good, and if it went down anymore then they would take her to children's hospital. They gave her the charcoal, it was terrible! She wouldn't drink it! There was about 8-10 oz that they needed her to drink, so we forced it down her she had it going everywhere. She spit it all over Kevin and I.....it wasn't fun. Needless to say, after she settled down and relaxed, she was 110% better. She was up running and playing. I was so excited to see her that way. At this point we will never know if she took the pill or not but I'm glad to have my baby girl with me.

I shed many tears today and it wasn't all bad. It really made me stop and take a moment to think about each one of my children, and what a privilege it is to be a mom and to teach these wonderful children. Go hug your children and cherish the moments you have with them. Remember when they are talking your ear off or wanting to play those video games for the hundredth time - that they are just children and they are children of our heavenly father and we are here to love them and teach them. I wanted to say thank you to those who said prayers on our behalf - you are wonderful and forever will be in our prayers.

4 comments:

Janae' said...

Glad you wrote about it. And really glad she is alright. Hope the charcoal eventually comes off your eyelids too.. Otherwise you might have to start a new trend..

jennifer rogers said...

That was a scary story!!! I'm glad Paige is okay I feel sorry for her that she had to drink that charcoal stuff! Poor Baby!

C and T Orvin said...

Wow!!! Man I wish I had been there - I will call you tomorrow to get all the details!!! We are so glad that she is doing great! i made her bows tonight...I know that she will be one cutie patootie in them! Hug her for us!

Amy said...

Lindsee, I had no idea. Im glad she is safe and back to her normal self.